Progress Updates

Started by Stormwolfe at Aug 13, 2019 4:59 pm
1st Moon 0, 2020
7 Posts

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
38 Posts

This thread is for any of us to use. Add site or status relevant updates as replies. These updates can include work done on your characters, work on a species or land, general progress reports (from Stormwolfe), etc.

Please note, you can still start threads in this forum as well.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.

Dreams get pushed around a lot and I doubt if we'll survive.

We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.

And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
38 Posts

I have fallen behind on posting site updates.

Although it is far from finished, everyone can view Aereth's glossary HERE.

When it is closer to complete, I will add it to our wiki website.

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
38 Posts

I have fallen behind on posting site updates.

Although it is far from finished, everyone can view Aereth's glossary HERE.

When it is closer to complete, I will add it to our wiki website.

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
38 Posts

And in case you guys missed it, below is our current in-game timeframe.

1st World (Age of Fire)

1 - 1999 (Rings Waxing)

Note: As the next Turn after the end of the 2nd Ice Age began, the League of Nations met. During their session, they agreed on a common era calendar. This starts with year 1 of the new Turn and will end in the year 4999. They designate this era, the 1st World, Age of Fire.

Major events will be added.

2000 - 2999 (Rings Argent)

Note: Rings are at their zenith.

2020: Current year. Game begins during the 4th Moon (April on Earth). It has been twenty years since the Rings of Aereth reached their zenith, i.e. are Argent.

3000 - 3999 (Rings Waning)

4000 - 4999 (Rings Dimmest)

I can add years to the site's timeline feature as needed. To start, I am going to only do ten years in the past. If anyone wants to write a standalone flashback, please post a request and I will add that year.

How to Write Dates

Our system of dates is fairly simple. There are 30 days in a month, 12 months in a year, 100 years in a century, etc. We are dispensing with weekdays as such. Instead, we'll use the actual date of the month.

January 10th, 2020 = 10th Day of the 1st Moon, 2020 - or - 1st Month, 10th Day, 2020.

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
38 Posts

Good Morning,

I am back at work on our documents. Since things have been very fluid while I sorted things out and made final decisions on the who, what, where, etc... I thought I'd let everyone know where we stand so you can plan your characters and their locations...

Our primary starting point for play will be Bassilith Island. Choices there are Siege Perilous (the Ddraig's siege and Morrighan citadel), Annwyn Court (Gwerin city-fortress), Duskhallow (sea port and village), Caer Draenar (Wyr settlement). Once we have more players interested in running plots in other lands, this will all expand, of course. As we start, we'll only travel to other places for various plots and adventures.

If you want to see the planned lands, continents, nations, etc. Please see the Continents, Nations, & Oceans document in our Gdoc folder.

People... So, this has fluctuated wildly as I tried to think of ways to accommodate everyone. It got overwhelming. So, to start, going back to basics...

Ddraig: dragons.

Gwerin (means The People or The Folk) Drakken: Magical race (unless bonded to a dragon when their magical powers are suppressed), somewhat warrior Sídhe-ish. Most are Morrighan.

Dwarrow: Dwarven race.

Sedayin: Elves

Traveler: Stranded earth humans.

Wight: Indigenous humans.

Wyr: Shapeshifters.

I am adding a field to the bios for "Affinity" ... Light, Dark, Gray, Neutral or some such...

• Light: Obvious.
  • Dark: Obvious
  • Gray: Those that have warring elements of both natures (maybe one parent was Sith...i.e. dark and one was Light).
  • N/A: This is mainly for your storyteller profiles.

This is about it for now.

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
38 Posts

Alrighty, folks... I have made a unilateral game management decision...

Writing history sucks!

However, we do need the histories of our various lands and people so that some measure of continuity is preserved as we write. But, I still want to get us opened by the end of the month or early October at the latest. I am dying to actually write.

Character Histories

I am not going to remove this field from the bio form. However, I am going to change the requirements on it.

Going forward - Write as much as you feel we need to know about your character's past. Major events should be added as they are played out in the game. I consider this to be for major life-shaping events, not when they learned to brush their teeth, etc.

Land and Race Histories

Honestly? I am admitting defeat when it comes to figuring out detailed histories for the various races and countries. Therefore, we're going to write very short overview of their origins and government. History will be added as past events occur to us. This history will be writting into the Timeline which I am going to separate into a World Timeline and a Aereth History Timeline.

In the History and Timelines category on our Codex, people can add a race or country's detailed history if they have had a writing attack hit.

PS - updating forms to match this royal decree!

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
38 Posts

I have updated all of the Flora and Fauna documents on our wiki (codex). You will notice that I've removed a large number of duplicates. This is one reason it is taking me so long to get the documents done. I am trying to consolidate what I can.

If you see something you wanted added to the Flora & Fauna Codex, post it in the Help Me! forum. Help me out by putting [Codex] at the beginning of the title so I know it is not just a question.