Playby Claims & Character Planning

Started by Stormwolfe at Jul 06, 2019 8:02 am
4 Posts

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
29 Posts

Note: Faces do not need to be clad in period costume. However, try to avoid images that include cell phones, cars, other apparent modern paraphernalia. For Travelers, remember that the portals strip them of all high tech, weaponry, even clothing that is not of all natural materials like cotton, leather, linen, etc.

Reply to this thread if you want to reserve a playby or discuss your character plans.

Stormwolfe

Since some of my characters will be Ddraig, they will not have a Playby beyond dragon artwork.

Chris Hemsworth (Breccan Nightstorm, Morrighan): Breccan replaces Mikhael as my main character. He will be somewhat lighter, never having been exiled, etc. He will be equally as strong as Mika, intelligent, etc., somewhat more fun since he’s not a ruler of anything. Some other traits will stay the same: fearless, no sense of odds, excellent with his weapon of choice (sword, crossbow, war ax - I haven’t decided yet). As you will see below - I am not sure which name and gender of Ddraig that Breccan will have imprinted.

Gerard Butler (Griffin Xavier St. James, Traveler): Griffin is an ex-SAS officer with a Ph.D. in zoology or paleontology (specialty is cryptozoology). Details are perking away in my head… I have not settled on if he will be a new arrival on Aereth or has been there for a bit. Either way, he’ll likely be with or wind up with the Morrighan.

Catriona Balfe (Fiona Gale): A healer of the ?? people fostered to the Daoinesídhe's healer's guild when young.

Stormwolfe’s Ddraig

Various pictures of dragons. These are mainly names in reserve since the Ddraig won’t need playbys as such. Mendrithe will wind up dead early on, replaced by Maelyn or will just be an NPC.

Jorath (Hawke’s Ddraig)

Kimber (white, Gero)

Maelyn (black, imprinted on Kurenai Shadowhunter of Dawnrunner Clan)

Jaelithe (Maybe Breccan’s bonded Ddraig)

Hedd (Maybe Breccan’s bonded Ddraig)

Mendrithe (Queen, Siege Perilous)

Lyoneth (just a name I like)

Hyacinth (Griffin could not come up with a good ‘th’ name).

Stormwolfe’s NPCs

Emily Blunt (The Danu, Ravenna Silverstar): Breccan’s great grandmother or aunt or something. Not quite decided yet.

Reserved

I do not want to start out overwhelmed with characters, especially since I might wind up playing several Ddraig. Until I see how things go with us getting back up and going, I am going to list these as reserved. If one of these playbys is wanted for a main character, I can probably be persuaded to surrender them.

Flaim

Rutger Hauer (Gero of Dawnrunner Clan) - Gero stays on as my main Wyr, though some aspects of his history will obviously have to change. This means especially all the bits that linked him to House Stormdanovich in the old story. He’ll stay born to a Guardian Line on the Amber Isles and probably having wandered the world for a century or two prior to the Shadow reaching for the islands. As he later met Kimber and became Morrighan to him, one of his children fills the Role as a Guardian in Cader Iris. Which means of course, that some of them will still be around with the NPC Wyr. 

Richard Armitage (Kaelan), - the dwarrow will stay of course, their personal history will be adapted, especially regarding Falún’s birth, Kimber and other events.

Aidan Turner: (Falun, see Kaelan)

Bae Yong Jun (Kurenai of Dawnrunner Clan) : Kurenai is Gero’s nephew, son of Eracane, who ventured into Xia some odd 400 years in the past. He’s Morrighan to Maelyn and adopted a young draig kicked out of the creche, under the name Tanaka of Dawnrunner Clan. (What is it with the Dawnrunners and white Ddraig?). He and Gero were virtual strangers to one another on first meeting and are culturally worlds apart. 

Varidan (Magali Villeneuve: “Boromir” in the “Blood of Numenór” Cards pack : Varidans history also will need some revisions, details will need to be worked out in conjunction with SW. He also might end up with a total rewrite. 

Alexander Dreymon (Konstantin): Traveller. Mining engineer who fell through a shaft during inspection and landed in Tynar Darzur. 

Sam

Austin Butler (Aramil) - only one char for the time being.  :)

Kyra

Diane Sands (Renestrae) - also my only character.

Thena

Emilia Clarke (Sofiya Grace, Traveler)

Katie McGrath (Laryn)

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.

Dreams get pushed around a lot and I doubt if we'll survive.

We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.

And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.

Sam

41Years Young
7 Posts

New char idea:  Hannah Davis, Traveler.  Playby: Kacey Rohl.  She's a cop from 2019 investigating disappearances, and ends up on Aereth.  Planning first posts to take place on Earth, then she arrives and works her way into either a guard post, or some sort of equivalent to policing.  Keeping it open for now as she finds her place through play.  :)

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
29 Posts

I love this!

Reminder to me: Find images and get post reactions set up for use!

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
29 Posts

Since Longshot hasn't registered here yet, I am putting in a Playby Claim for him.

Iain Glen (Jorah, GoT): replacement face for Hawke Windwalker.