Started by Stormwolfe at Jul 04, 2019 12:27 pm
5 Posts

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
29 Posts

I seriously need feedback on this one!

Here's the Thing

Almost all forum based roleplays have their IC boards divided up by location instead of by plot or time. They usually have numerous boards for IC writing. This can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Good thing = easy to see various plots in progress and write in different time slots (whatever the site allows).

Bad thing = having to go to more than one place to read threads. To be fair on the bad thing, if you follow the IC forums, you'll get alerts on topics.

There are more good and bad things, but I will stop there for the moment.

My Opinion

Here's my opinion, for what it's worth....

I think we should try the multi-IC boards based on, at least, primary locations. We can specify exact setting in our post or even as a tag.

However, I think we should start with only the basics (i.e. where the opening posts and even opening chronicles will take place. Well, the basics + any player requests. If you know you are going to be doing substantial writing in one land or another, let me know in this thread.

Optionally, since we can create subforums, we can do a main land (such as Aquitaine) and then list some major locations as subforums (major city, fortress, etc.).

We can also have a universal catch-all board. Something named Otherwhere for example.

Discuss away - here or on Discord.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.

Dreams get pushed around a lot and I doubt if we'll survive.

We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.

And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.

Sam

41Years Young
7 Posts

I've seen it successfully done by large-scale areas.  Like, continent or region.  I've also seen guilds use their own specific forums, but that gets mixed results and requires a large population.

Honestly, the fewer unique RP forums the better.  Even going so far as to have just one area to start, until the population grows.

We can always add sub-forums for specific plots or cities/areas, etc, but that can be evaluated down the line, IMO.

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
29 Posts

That is, more or less, how I'm leaning right now. I'll let people tell me what they need for us to get opened, but here is what I am thinking....

Aquitaine (because I know Flaim has to start her stories there).

Bassilith Island because that will be our starting focal point. 

Journeys (for plots that take place in other areas).

- This is, of course, tentative because I haven't yet heard from the others.

With this, or a similar structure, we'd use tags system to add 'who' is tagged and the specific location (such as a house, regions, etc.) of the thread. Tags can easily be added and deleated without having to enter the post itself.

Way

?Years Young
3 Posts

I don't mind various forums for various locations. But I can pretty much tolerate anything I guess. So whatever is decided is fine with me.

Liked 1

Stormwolfe

None of us are here....
61Years Young
29 Posts

Species, Races, etc.

So, after jumping through many mental hoops, I have decided that we are going to have indigenous humans on Aereth as well as non-indigenous humans (Travelers).

Aereth Humans will be called Wights. Before you go all Game of Thrones nuts on me here, see the definition of wight below.

Wight  [noun, p. wait] Go HERE to hear pronounciation.

• Definition: a human being.

Obsolete

• a supernatural being, as a witch or sprite.
  • any living being; a creature.